GBRT Junior X Factor Competition
The annual GBRT Junior X Factor competition is the largest and most established talent competition in the Market Harborough area. The heats and finals provide an opportunity to perform in front of professional musicians and packed audiences. Entry and tickets to the finals are completely free and each participant receives written feedback on their heat audition of ways to further improve.
Junior X Factor 2022
GBRT’s Trustees have agreed that the heats for this year’s competition will be held online due to uncertainty about the COVID situation. It is hoped that the Finals Concert will be able to go ahead in person so all entrants must be available and willing to perform in the concert on Saturday 26th March at 7pm at Market Harborough Methodist Church.
Thank you to everyone who entered this year's competition. Our panel had a very enjoyable afternoon watching your videos and were very impressed with the hard work that had gone into your performances. After much deliberation we are pleased to announce that this year’s finalists will be:
Emmeline Hamilton, Lever Harp
Riley Vick, Trombone
Lily Vasey, Voice
Oliver Hensher, Drums
Mollie Yarrow, Voice
Jude Ascough, Drums
Hannah Davey, Voice
Lily Ingall, Voice
Sam Benson, Composition
Well done to all of you - we look forward to seeing you perform in person at the finals concert on Saturday 26th March. If you didn't make the finals this year thank you for taking part and please do try again next year.
Tickets for the concert are available from https://gbrt.eventbrite.co.uk
- • Entrants must live within 20 miles of Market Harborough.
- • The competition is open to vocalists, instrumentalists and composers in School Years 1-13.
- • All entrants must be available to take part in heats and Finals Concert on the advertised dates.
- • Entries will close on 4th March 2022.
Junior X Factor 2022 Prizes
All finalists will receive a medal and certificate, and in addition the following prizes will be awarded:
- • Best Vocal Performance will receive £25 music store vouchers and £175 vocal lessons funded by GBRT.
- • Best Instrumental Performance will receive £50 music store vouchers and £150 instrumental lessons funded by GBRT.
- • Best Group Performance will receive £200 music store vouchers.
- • Best Original Composition will receive £200 music store vouchers.
- • One of the above category winners will also be chosen as the Overall Winner of the competition, and will receive an additional £50 music store vouchers.
- • Most promising vocalist and most promising instrumentalist will each receive £100 vocal or instrumental lessons funded by GBRT.
All prize winners will also receive an engraved glass trophy
Performance Category Rules
- • Entrants may perform as individuals or groups.
- • Multiple entries into the same category are allowed if you are performing on different instruments/voice. You may also enter as part of a group and as a soloist.
- • Each entrant should perform one piece of up to 5 minutes in length.
- • Performances must either be unaccompanied or accompanied by a pre-recorded backing track on CD/MP3 only.
- • Entrants will be notified by email within 48 hours after the end of the heats whether or not they have been selected to perform in the finals concert.
- • There is no minimum or maximum number of finalists - all entrants who reach the required standard will be given the opportunity to perform in the finals concert.
- • Audio or visual recording of any of the auditions or finals performances is not permitted.
Composition Category Rules
- • Please write an original piece of music, up to 5 minutes long, in any musical style and for any instruments - acoustic, synth or voice.